Learn or Play Along with us
Join the Camera Club - Any Phone or Camera will do
Learn the Drums, or Come & Play
Make a bowl perhaps?
Make a Waistcoat with John

Covering Notes 1st June 2018:

P2 SaH Project Costs – These are cost put towards the Health Lottery Grant

P2 HM Project Costs – Paid to Andre for Exhibition last year.

P2 BE Project Costs – Paid to Les Jones for FareShare Food delivery.

ShedQuarters pays £10 per week against a £12.50 per week bill to FareShare. ShedQuarters pays 80% of the food delivery, the remaining 20% is paid by the Courthouse for the Youth Projects. Up to now, we have not received invoices or lists of items received. I have asked Les to supply these from now on.

Colin Jordan is the new Treasurer and he is doing well. We have decided to keep cash payments to a minimum, this is too confusing in the day book. We will endeavour to bank all cash and not have a float. I have spoken to Les about cash purchases of tea, coffee and other small emergency items and he has agreed to save up the receipts and receive a cheque at the end of an appropriate period.

Please try and bring change each week for your membership/subs.

The Membership/Subs credits are easily covering our running costs and, from membership/subs, we have been able to buy an Indoor Kurling Game and with the help of our active carpenters, some other games have been created, which were used at our first Games Jamboree.

As you know, Tyrone has been storing his woodworking machinery in the workshop and we have been pressed for space to buy our own equipment. Tyrone has now removed his tools and we now have good quality hand tools, a quality wood lathe and a 10” mitre saw. On order is a 10” saw table and the first of our two laptops.

Yesterday I purchased a mains connected wifi kit, so our wifi problems will be solved, enabling members to access the internet and learn some of the more advanced functions available. I have also asked Les Jones, as the Courthouse rep, to ask their ISP for a free router upgrade.

All band equipment has been purchased, as you know, the band has had donations for their gigs. We bought a Bodhran for £38 to enable all interested members to learn the technique. I have been practising, Colin has had a go for a month and now wants to make his own tipper/stick on the lathe, Mike is having a go now. A visitor from Adult Learning Bridgend also donated a couple of bongos.

As we have a master fabric engineer in the form of John Gates, it was suggested that we buy a sewing machine to make our own waistcoats. John is collecting fabric for our patchwork material.

Access ShedQuarters Accounts here:

If you have any questions about the accounts, please call me, Mark on 07896 621429.